Saturday, August 29, 2009

Little Things

Today has been all about the baby - what fun! We headed to Lowe's this afternoon to buy all the wood we need for David to make the baby's cradle. He decided on solid oak and it's such beautiful wood I can't wait to see the finished product. We bought the plans years ago, but the time has finally come for him to build it. We are excited to have the baby in a bassinet handmade with love by their Daddy. Now, to find the time to build it...

The nursery is certainly coming together. Over 3 years ago we bought a solid wood, unfinished dresser that has been sitting in a box in the nursery ever since. It was such a good deal and we loved the lines of it that we went ahead and bought it right before we started trying to have a baby. (I even remember running around the store with a diaper changing pad to make sure the height was right - lol!) When we found out we were pregnant, we busted open the box to refresh our memories on what it looked like and to make sure the crib we selected would match.

Well, our freshly finished & painted dresser was delivered today and it looks so good! I knew yesterday that it would be ready so I went ahead and washed burp cloths, gowns, blankets, onesies, sleepers...all of cute little things we got at our family shower that have been in gift bags for a month - I didn't want to wash them until I had a cat hair free place for them to go. :) We are so thrilled with how the dresser turned out and after we put on the new knobs, I immediately started loading it. It was so much fun!! I still have so much space in it too which is good because there are still lots of clothes from Aunt Carol & Aunt Lacey to put away once we find out of this little one is a he or she. We even went through and picked the blankets and outfits that we want to take to the hospital with us so I could leave those out to be packed away into the suitcase.

As I was loading all the sweet things our little one will soon be using into the dresser, I looked at David and said "can you believe we've had this dresser for 3 years and soon our little one will be here?" It was such a sweet moment for us. We are really treasuring everything that's involved in getting ready for this child and we are so blessed!

Oh, and pictures to come soon, Promise. :)

2 comments:

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. I am so excited for you guys!!

debchastain said...

Can't wait to see pics!! I'm glad you're friends with Jen now so you'll get to see all the pics of Grady she takes (since I'm such a slacker-if I had an iphone maybe I'd be better ;0)