Monday, August 03, 2009

Alabama Trip

On July 21, I headed up to Mentone, Alabama with David's family for a little vacation. David had alot of commitments with the youth at church so he planned to drive up Friday morning to join us.

I was super excited to get to love on my new nephew Grady. He is such a cuddle bug! I love being with all my nieces and nephews and meeting them for the first time is always so special. Grady was already 9 weeks and such a big boy, but that didn't keep us from lots of snuggle time together. I'm sure someone has pictures of me and Grady, but since I was holding him, I didn't get any with mine. I did get one of David & I with him before we left.

David getting in some snuggles with GradyDavid & I with Grady
Wednesday we headed to Little River Canyon State Park. It was pretty and reminiscent of alot of North GA that we have seen. They have a driving tour with pit stops at beautiful overlooks. My favorite was the last one where we saw a beautiful hawk take flight from right beneath us. Beautiful!

The Waterfall at Little River CanyonMomma & GradyDeb & Erin, Chris & Anne, Carol & Mae at the waterfall's edgeChris, Bennett & Wilson taking in the viewThe Hawk taking flight
Thursday we headed to Desoto State Park. There was a "waterfall" there as well, but it wasn't anything impressive. The kids were more interested in the turtle swimming in the water, the minnows and rocks than the waterfall. Afterwards we let the kids run around on the park's playground where the kids enjoyed swinging before we headed home for lunch & naps. Bennett was running a fever for the 3rd day in a row, so he stayed with Carol to relax.

Anne - look at that face!Mae swingingWilsonSweet Grady - look at those big eyes!!
Thursday night David's Uncle Tommy & Aunt Jerre joined us and we had a fabulous dinner together. Friday morning Bennett was still running a fever, so Carol & Mom took him to the Doctor. We were getting ready to leave when David arrived and the rest of us took off together to do some hiking at Desoto State Park. All the pics are on Carol's camera, but I was so proud of all the kids. Chris & David helped them scale some rocks that even not pregnant I wouldn't have attempted. It did Aunt Deborah's heart good to see these little climbers in action. :) Even Erin scaled one of the rocks and enjoyed it.

Saturday we didn't do much but relaxed and stay around the house. Everyone but mom & I took their turns in the canoes with the kids. David & Carol took the boys out early in the afternoon then Dad & Deb took the older girls out in the afternoon.

Deb & Erin canoeing on the river behind the cabin. Thanks to Dora the Explorer - Erin was very excited to "Row, Row, Row!"Erin with her Birthday BearAnne "reading" - so cute!
Sunday morning we went to brunch at the Wildflower Cafe before heading home. It was a great trip and as always good to see family.

No comments: