Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Where is my motivation? (& stuff)

I haven't been feeling great this week - I blame the allergies. I had to stop taking my allergy meds 2 weeks ago and won't be able to take it through the end of the pregnancy and beyond. Anyway, with this generally crappy feeling I haven't felt terribly motivated.

We found out on Monday that sweet Martin is a stressed out kitty. He has been having the occasional accident outside his litter box and we thought that it was all the changes we've been making for the baby (or his general sense that the baby was coming) and he was just acting out. We had also moved his litter out of our bedroom since I wasn't supposed to be breathing in the litter and this could have annoyed him. After some more research we found I could be around the litter, just not change it, after 20 weeks. We moved them back into our closet 2 weeks ago and he settled down some which just confirmed our suspicion, but then he had another accident so we decided it was best to get him checked out. The vet said that he has an inflamed bladder (which is caused by the stress) and it is painful for him to go to the bathroom. He is associating the pain with the litter box, so he isn't using the litter box when it hurts. The vet said the stress could be from his brother being a bully, the baby, the changes, all kinds of things. So, I've been spending as much time in our bedroom as I can to watch him and make sure that he gets some solo time at the food and water bowls without his brother hovering and that he gets as much attention and soothing time with momma as possible. He seems to be doing well and not sleeping as much, and he's on day 3 of an anti-inflammatory that she said should bring him some relief in 7 - 10 days...so hopefully he's making progress.

Anyway, this morning I was feeling a bit better. My friend Leigh-Ann and her daughter Lydia came over for a bit to hang out and check out the nursery and home improvement projects we've done lately and then I had lunch with my friend Elizabeth which is always so enjoyable. I love opportunities for ladies social times and 2 in one day was just lovely. :) After I got home though, I just couldn't get myself motivated. I have lots I can be doing, but apart from my daily chores and a few projects here and there, I have been less than productive this week.

David did get the bookshelf we wanted for the nursery so last night we put it together...we LOVE putting the baby's room together. :) On Sunday we ordered our La-z-boy and we can pick it up on Friday so that's exciting too. (We decided on a La-z-boy instead of a rocker or glider because they aren't that much more expensive and we'll get alot more use out of it in the long run. :) Hopefully tomorrow I'll find my motivation and get some things done.

Friday night my mom & step dad are coming into town for a brief visit. It will be great to get to visit and for them to get to feel the little one moving before he/she arrives in just over 11 weeks. I'll try to do a better job of taking pictures this visit as we venture to Fry's and Bass Pro over in Gwinnett and of course, trek it up to Red Robin in Alpharetta.

Oh and for you family who read...Grandad is improving some and they are talking about bringing him home which is great news, JP's surgery went great today and he is recovering well and finally - we found out this morning that Jennifer & JP are having a baby boy in February!! Lots of good news today!

No comments: