Monday, September 07, 2009

Family Update

My mom & stepdad came down for a brief-er than scheduled visit this weekend. We didn't get time to do alot of the things they wanted to do because my grandfather is not doing well. He has been fighting congestive heart failure since just before Christmas and in March got a Staph Infection in a wound that has never healed. He's 92 years old and a believer so we know where he's going and that we'll see him again, but it's still hard. They went to see him Thursday before they drove down and when mom called Saturday, he had lost the ability to feed himself. They felt it was important to return home Sunday so they could visit with him today. I know this is really hard, particularly on my mom, and we of course understood their desire to go home early. If you think of him, please pray. Pray that the Lord would free him from the pain and that he would comfort our family, particularly my grandmother, my mom and my uncle.

We did have a good day Saturday while they were here. We split up and the boys went out to Fry's & Bass Pro Shop and mom & I went up to Joann's and of course hit Kohls. It was a relaxing day and was so nice to get to visit together. I also got to show mom the baby's room and all that we've done in the house in preparation for the little one's arrival and I know she loved seeing everything for her grandbaby.

Yesterday, after they headed home, David & I lounged around together through the afternoon and then had the Drehers over for dinner. We had alot of fun with deep belly laughs, playing Wii and catching them up on episodes of the Big Bang Theory. Today we're looking forward to more of the same and lots of relaxing.

Oh, and David brought home our La-z-boy on Friday and we got it in our bedroom - it looks so nice!! We love it. I just sat in the chair and rocked and told David "this is where I am going to feed our baby." So exciting. :)

4 comments:

debchastain said...

Your adoring public wants pics of the nursery!! Don't you hear them chanting...WE WANT PICS! WE WANT PICS! Love you ;0) Glad you had a good weekend. Praying for your fam!

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

ok Red, I have waited long enough, where are the nursery pics??!! I'm dying to see how your craftiness played out.
I hope you are feeling and doing well.

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

I didn't even read the comment above, hehe, sorry we are all so pushy.

Red said...

LOL Bentley - thats ok. I'm on it. I ordered pics from snapfish this week and they should be here soon. As soon as I have something on the walls I'll feel better about taking pictures and calling it closer to done. :)