Monday, September 28, 2009

8 weeks to go

I can't believe we're under the 2 month mark until our little one is due. I thought I'd take some time to write out a few of my favorite things about this pregnancy and also note the few ailments I've had before this baby arrives and my life goes topsy turvy.

My 3 favorite things:

  • Feeling the baby move and more recently, seeing him/her wiggling around from the outside
  • Watching my belly grow
  • BEAUTIFUL nails...seriously strong gorgeous nails. Nails so pretty that I no longer bite them (and I've bitten my nails all my life).

My top 3 ailments
(that I'll be glad to see go with the arrival of our little one):

  • A constant headache that started at the end of my 1st trimester that has yet to cease but often gets worse
  • Hips constantly feeling like they have been beaten with baseball bats
  • Pinched nerves in my lower back
I am so grateful to experience being pregnant. There were often times when I thought that getting pregnant was out of our reach and I am so unbelievably blessed that the Lord saw fit to make us parents of this child. There are of course ups and downs to pregnancy, but I can honestly say I've tried to enjoy every minute of it and relish in all the joys with as few complaints as possible.

No comments: