Monday, March 29, 2010

Some Solid Fun

Wednesday was the prettiest day since Grace was born. Sun was shining, 70 degrees, just beautiful!! So, when David got home we attempted another walk to see how my back would hold up. We made it 1.5 miles with me pushing Grace in the stroller and my back hasn't been hurting too much - woohoo!! Hopefully this means I am on the mend and can start walking more regularly. :)

On Thursday, Grace had her 4 month checkup. Our delicate little flower only weights 11lbs, 8ozs and is 23" long. She's only in the 10th percentile for weight and height, but the Doctor said she was perfect (as usual). She does want her to start on solids to help her get more calories during the day. I am also going to have to start pumping again and go back to lactation since I'm not making enough milk. That's frustrating, but we'll do what we have to do. I think we may just have to invest in a hospital grade pump. The price of the pump is less than formula for the rest of the year and we'll have it for any and all future babies, so it's something to think about.

She also had to get shots again, poor girl. I did better this time and the Dr & Nurse praised me for my bravery. I asked for a lolly pop...lol. She seemed to scream more this time, but it could have been because I was holding her down and not across the room like last time. :( She had a reaction to the vaccines this time, fever, achy, cranky, just miserable and only seemed to be comforted by me. I kept her on Tylenol for 36 hours to try to help her through it and by Saturday morning she was back to her normal self. I felt bad since David's folks arrived while we were at the Doctors and only stayed until Saturday afternoon so they didn't get too much sweet Gracie time. Next time.

Friday night we started her on solids - too funny!


She has had them every day since and is doing better about figuring it out. She does not like the cereal, but I think it's because I'm mixing it with formula and she doesn't like the formula. I'm going to try to mix it with my milk next time and see if she likes it better. Like a true member of my family though she LOVES applesauce. Great Grandma will be excited. :)

Here are a few pictures of her first solids experience and her time with Mama & Papa.

Ewww....This one just cracks me up - her expression is priceless!No need to call child protective services, we stopped trying after this one.Trying again Saturday MorningTaking a BreakStill not so sureWith Mama & Papa

2 comments:

debchastain said...

LOVE the video!! That is awesome. :0) So funny how they respond the first time. And the pic with her tongue out is hilarious. Can't wait to have some in person time with her!!

Alison said...

Too cute! I don't think I would like that stuff either. Don't get discouraged on the breastfeeding. I had to suppliment Charlotte for the first three months and then God decided things for me with my gallbladder surgery. It will all work out the way it should.