Saturday, March 06, 2010

Beginning Milestones

Grace is just over 3 months old and this week has been full of her first milestones. She is finally getting the hang of grasping things and can briefly hold on to rattles now. She has been trying for weeks to grab the panda that hangs from her play mat and she is getting closer and closer. She knows how to move it and swing it from the link-a-doo, but she hasn't quite grabbed it yet.

We also started reading this week. Before she wouldn't even make eye contact with the books, but now she is starting to get into it. She talks and squeals and tries to grab the books...I'm so glad! I have been wanting to get into a routine of reading to her, but she just hasn't been interested until now. I can't wait to introduce her to all our favorite books!!

She has also started to laugh. It is the most amazing sound ever! I just love to her here cackle. She doesn't do it often, but she has done it and I can't wait for David to hear it. I'll also try to get it on video for her grandparents since it will be virtually impossible to get her to do it on the webcam anytime soon. As soon as I pull out a camera of any kind she is so interested in the equipment that I have a hard time distracting her, so I need David to get me interacting with her on tape. LOL

Finally, on Monday she was taking a nap and started to cry when she woke up. I came up to get her, and this is how I found her!She must have been up for a while before she started crying as she had rolled over in her swing. It was so funny that after ensuring she was safe and could breathe I had to get my camera. I had only been buckling her in on one side since the clicking had been waking her up and she was immobile, but now she must be completely buckled in...too funny!

This was just too cute not to post even though it's not technically a milestone. :) When David gets home from work, he takes a few minutes to cuddle with Grace first thing. She LOVES her daddy. It is so cute to see how much she adores him and how as she's getting older she is more and more attentive with him. She gives him the biggest smiles, she touches his face and it's just a matter of time before she gets ahold of his glasses. :)

1 comment:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

thatta girl getting mobile :) she is so precious I can't wait to squeeze her!