Monday, March 15, 2010

Can alot really happen in a week??

I'm finding with a newborn the answer is absolutely yes! Here are just a few of the changes we've had over the last week or so.

Grace has finally grabbed the panda hanging from her play mat, as well as all the other toys that hang up there. If she could talk I'm certain she would have screamed "sweet victory!" the first time she figured out how to grab and hold on! LOL. She can now hold on to her rattles too, and probably most exciting of all - she has found her feet! She LOVES her feet! It's been warm enough that we've been able to have her in pants and tops where her feet are bare all day and she LOVES, LOVES, LOVES it! She is constantly reaching for her toes and smiles so big when she reaches them. This makes changing her clothes or her diaper a little more of an adventure because we have to work around her holding her feet, but that's ok. She thinks it's a game, so we go with it and play while changing our sweet girl.

She has also found the "baby in the mirror". I need to get this on video because it is just too cute! We have a massive mirror at the end of our closet and when she is sitting with me on the bed, she'll look in the closet and start chatting it up with the cutie in the mirror. I've taken her up to her reflection, but she doesn't like that as well. She loves to sit and talk to the baby and to the mommy in the mirror and it is just priceless! There are many times that David & I just stop to watch "The Gracie Show" and this is one not to be missed. I love her little voice and how sweet her sounds are as she tries to talk. I have a feeling we'll have a chatty cathy on our hands once she learns to speak, but I'm ok with that. :)

She seems to finally be over her congestion which is wonderful. Now of course, after putting her back into her swing so she could breathe and sleep, we once again get to re-transition her into the cradle...what fun! At least I know she'll get used to it if we stick to our guns and hopefully she'll take to it much quicker this time around. Hopefully it won't rock her "sleeping at night" boat too much. She has been sleeping 8-11 hours a night since the 3rd. I can't believe it! I feel like I have a whole new lease on life and can get alot done while she's sleeping. She's still sleeping quite a bit during the day as well, napping for 30min - 2 hours between feedings and is eating about every 4 hours. Hopefully she'll learn to self soothe quickly in the cradle so she can still get the sleep she needs.

Since I know ya'll come mostly for the pictures, here are a few photos for you to enjoy. :)
John, one of my dear friends from high school, cross-stitched Grace this adorable hooded towel! It has 2 monkeys and a lion on it and we love it! Thanks John!!This one shows the detail of the towel more and I just LOVE her face - too funny!

No comments: