Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Little Kicks

Last night we were reading in bed and I was on my side cuddling on my glorious Boppy pregnancy pillow that my cousin Jenn recommended (and I LOVE!!) when I started to feel the flutters that I've been feeling for weeks. All the sudden, I was kicked (or elbowed, punched, something!) and it was definitely the baby. I was so excited I started to cry. Of course, yesterday was a hormone charged day and I shed tears for far less important and monumental things, but I was so overjoyed. I grabbed David's hand to try to get him to feel it as our little bean did it several times, but alas it's too early for him to share in this with me. It was so very exciting though!!

When we were trying to get pregnant this was one of the 2 things I really wanted to experience that I would miss out in any other type of child rearing - the other is nursing. I have such fond and vivid memories of feeling my nieces and nephews and dear friends babies moving around inside and I absolutely love it! Most recently I got to feel my little Jane Dare who is due just 10 weeks before our bean moving around in Lacey's tummy and it was so awesome. Since I don't believe that pregnant bellies are public domain, I always have loved sharing this with the women in my life and the children I came to love long before I knew them and now I am experiencing it myself. God is good! Of course, in typical Red fashion, I prayed that I would never begrudge feeling the baby kick me and that I would retain this joy...even in my last month at 3am when I'm exhausted and can't get comfortable enough to sleep. :)

No comments: