Thursday, July 02, 2009

Ahhh...Diet Coke

Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE me some Diet Coke. If it was available in IV form and I could still taste it, I'd be permanently hooked up. ;) I had a brief period in college where Diet Pepsi rocked my world, but those days were numbered and haven't been seen in over a decade.

I am such a snob when it comes to my Diet Coke. When I go to a restaurant that only serves Pepsi products, they automatically go down a notch. Could be great food, but without Diet Coke it just isn't a quality dining experience. When I'm in David's hometown, all the restaurants serve Pepsi products - yuck! I'll stick to Lemonade or Water, thank you very much. And all Diet Coke is not treated equally either. The best Diet Cokes in Atlanta come from one of 2 places - Chick-Fil-A (and bonus for them - they have caffeine free on tap!) and Zaxby's. I'm told the reason their Diet Coke is so unbelievable is because they actually follow the coke recipe - what a novel concept. The worst Diet Cokes hands down are from McDonald's and gas stations/convenience store fountains...probably because they are cheap and water down their mix.

Anyway, during this pregnancy (and in 2 week increments for the years we TTC) I have given up Diet Coke. I know I don't have to, but we both thought cutting out the caffeine and the nutra sweet from my diet during pregnancy would be a good idea so I've made the sacrifice. Hey, David is 100% responsible for the cat litter, so we're both making sacrifices. ;) Well the last few days I'd been seriously craving a diet coke. I made it through Tuesday, but yesterday I was out and about and I caved. I hit the CFA closest to my house and got myself a large diet coke. Sweet nectar - I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout the day.

There isn't really a point to this rant, I just wanted to share and give some props for my favorite drug of choice, Diet Coke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I share your love.
I gave it up totally for about 9 months and then caved when we moved. I'll probably die with one in my hand.
I like it cold in a can.

Alison said...

Forget the diet stuff. I love the real thing. I agree, Pepsi can just go by the wayside. I could care less about it. Give me a Coke from Chick-fil-A any day and I am a very happy camper. Just so you know, coke was my "glass of wine" during pregnancy. It was always a treat. And, yes, I work for Chick-fil-A and ours is the best because we do make it to recipe. Yummm!!!

Red said...

Claudia - I do remember ya'll being as much in love as I am and I also love it cold in a can.

Alison - I think you may have told me that it was the recipe that made CFA Diet Coke so great. I do love it!