Saturday, July 18, 2009

Catching up, again

This week has been super productive and for good reason, but first let me recap the last several days.

Last weekend we had some friends in town from Alabama. Marleah & I have been friends since high school and we try to get together with her, Randy and their daughter Avi when ever we can(but not nearly as often as we should). They came up Friday night and we hung out for a while before getting ready for dinner. We grilled out, which we always enjoy, and after Avi went down, we had a great time of playing board games and Wii as well as just catching up. Saturday I made us "fancy breakfast" before we headed out to IKEA for some shopping and Taco Mac for lunch. It was a great visit!! Here are a few pictures from Friday night.

Randy & MarleahAvi -love that crazy hair!

"The little one" (as we often refer to the baby) has been moving around SO much! I can feel the baby moving all the time and I absolutely love it. Alot of times he/she is the most active right before bed and whenever I stretch my legs out to read. I think the baby likes having more space and really stretches out when my body is elongated. We started swimming again last week and I think being in the water lulls the baby to sleep. I don't feel anything when I'm in the water, but once I'm home and showered the little one is very busy. :) It's so much fun!!

This last week has been super busy for me, but also very productive. I'll be gone much of the rest of the month and I had alot of errands and things to do around the house before I can go. (Of course that didn't stop me from reading Twilight in one day, but that's ok. I'll wait to start book 2 until I'm on vacation - lol.) I'm looking forward to time with both sides of our families over the next 2 weeks. It's always wonderful to get to see our loved ones and I'll even get to meet my sweet nephew Grady on Tuesday - can't wait!

Last night we had some friends from church over and we had a great time of fellowship and hanging out (and their 2 older boys enjoyed the Wii). We are very blessed to have such a wonderful church family...nights like last night remind me of that. Today David & I went to see Harry Potter. It was really good. We waited until we could go to a matinee and save ourselves $4...it was worth it. Highly recommend it.

We'll have Internet access while we're gone so I'll see if I can't get a post up here and there as I travel. If not I'll have a slew of pictures and lots to say when we're back in August.

1 comment:

Marleah Blades said...

YAY FOR GAME NIGHT! And for Baby Bilbo! Yay!