Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kids, Movies & my soapbox

Today we all headed to the movies for a relaxing afternoon. Dad & David went to see Observe & Report which David said "ok, but way too much penis for one day" and Linda & I went to see Monsters vs. Aliens which was cute and had alot of recognizable voices, but not as good as Monsters Inc. I guess Pixar kicks Dreamworks hiney...not that I'm surprised. ;0)

Here's my soapbox: The thing that irritated me the most about the movie was the mom in the row with us that brought her 5 year old (who was so well behaved and enjoyed the movie) and her 2 year old, who fussed, screamed, cried and wouldn't sit still the entire movie and finally about 15 minutes before it ended fell on the steps, cracked his head and really started wailing. I'm all for taking kids to movies, but what posses parents to bring 2 year olds to a 1 1/2+ hr movie?? Get a sitter. You're already paying for him to come to the movie, so why not just get a sitter and let your older kid enjoy the flick? Urgh, it annoys me. I've often said that DFAS should camp outside of movie theatres for delinquent parents. When we saw Dark Knight at the IMAX, there were a good handful of kids under 7 there (at a 9pm show for an R rated movie that was 2+ hrs long!). I know adults that were scared and creeped out by that movie. The joker was no joke (pun intended). He was psychotic and why parents would bring their young kids to that movie is beyond me.

Ok, I'm hopping down now. Thanks for the vent. ;)

2 comments:

debchastain said...

How bout parents who took their kids to see Watchmen? That really freaked me out-it's rated R for GRAPHIC violence and very disturbing themes!! And I couldn't believe there were 10 year olds there. So messed up. I'm there with you on that soapbox!! :0) Sorry I didn't get to call you back today-I do tutoring from 4-6 and then get dinner ready and eat and then we host our small group. Mondays are crazy :0) Let's talk tomorrow!

Marleah Blades said...

We went to the movie Taken, in which Liam Neeson plays an ex-govt. agent whose daughter is kidnapped and sold to an international prostitution ring, so he goes around slaughtering people left and right to get her back. At the end of our row was a couple with a baby in tow who couldn't have been more than 7 months old. She sat peacefully in her car seat through most of the movie, but seriously? I mean, the hearing damage alone ...