Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Family & Fun

For the last few days I've had family in town. David had a men's retreat last weekend so on Friday on the spur of the moment, Carol decided to come down for the night with Anne. It was so nice to have some adult time with her without all the kiddos running around under foot. A rare moment for us to have fun ladies time that of course included cheap mexican and margaritas for Carol (you know I don't like tequila - yuck!) We mostly just hung out and she got lots of hours of sleep which seeing that Sunday was her birthday was a welcome gift. I was so glad to have some time with my chunk-a-munk of a niece too. "Little" Anne is 25lbs at 11 months and starting to walk some, amazing. Saturday morning we went up to Kennesaw to shop at some of the stores that she doesn't have in Dayton before she headed back home.

Saturday afternoon Dad & Linda arrived again and they will be with us until Thursday. Sunday we just relaxed most of the day and ordered pizza to top off our lazy day so no one would have to cook. Monday night we headed off to the braves game. I LOVE going to Braves games, but don't normally indulge. Thankfully, Dad treated so we could go and have a fun night at Turner Field on our single income. It was alot of fun and a mostly great game despite the loss to the Cardinals. (Note - they won tonight though so hopefully tomorrow will go in our favor too!) Plus, David got his cotton candy & I got my pretzel - the real reason that we go to the ballpark.

Today was certainly out of the ordinary. It started with a cake for a repeat client then Linda & I ran a few errands. The most unusual thing happened at 4pm this afternoon...I had the pleasure of participating via the web on my BFF Lacey's 4D ultrasound. It was so much fun! I got to find out with her, along with her hubby in Iraq and family in NC, that she is having a little girl! It was very exciting indeed. I knew she was having a girl and certainly hoped she was and couldn't be more thrilled for her. This is baby #4 for her, boy, girl, boy, and now girl!

Tonight Dad & his friend Tom from Savannah, who joined us last night as well, took in another Braves game and Linda & I watched Bride Wars. It was definitely a chick flick but very cute and David finally watched Max Payne which he said was "bleh, and they added 80% more plot to the video game." Tomorrow will be another low key day, which I am coming to enjoy. I've read 4 books in the last 2 weeks, perhaps I'll finish #5 tomorrow.

1 comment:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

it was a thrill that you got to share it with me. love you! Lace