Thursday, April 09, 2009

Catching up...

Sometimes I wonder how it was possible for me to work a 40 (well 70 if we're being realistic!) hour work week and get anything else done! One thing I know for sure it I'm sleeping more. At least 8 hours a night, so that accounts for about 2 hours, but still...where does the time go?!?

This week has been kinda crazy. My dad & stepmom are driving down today for a visit and we have been undergoing construction of our master bathroom. So this week was supposed to be super productive, right?

Well it didn't start out too great. Monday my washing machine decided to conk out on me, mid load. Now if you've stayed at our house, you may think this is a blessing...(for those of you who haven't had the pleasure - it sounds like a helicopter is landing on our roof during the spin cycle!). Well the timing money wise sucks, but I must say that I am thrilled with my new washer...and thank God for Best Buy's 18 months no interest financing and the wonderful sales guy who cut us a good deal. ;0) Unfortunately delivery & installation wasn't as smooth, but we got those bumps worked out too and it's all up and running. And after 3 days that leaves me just enough time to do the 8 loads of laundry that have piled up!

This new washer is so much quieter...I can't believe I spent the last 4 years with that old piece of crap. Well, I guess I should clarify. If our set was on a slab it wouldn't have been an issue, but those original front loaders weren't designed to not shake the heck out of a house if they weren't on a concrete slab. Anywho - I'm just thrilled with the new set we have and am hoping to get a friend to diagnose the problem so we can sell them on craigslist.

Moving on to the bathroom. There is still so much to do. We had thought we'd be alot further along by now, but the flooring has been a real pain to get up and it wasn't until last night that David finally finished that portion of the job. We are thinking we'll just take some time off while Dad & Linda are here to enjoy time with them and start working again later. We can all share a bathroom, and the shower works in ours, so we'll see when it gets done. At least I was able to organize all the chaos to a minimum so it looks and feels a little more clean in our bedroom.

On a final note - I was sad to see Scott go on Idol last night. I think he sang so much better last night than he did on Tuesday, much more on pitch and just quality vocals. So here's to Danny, my other fav...lets see if he sticks around!

No comments: