Friday, February 13, 2009

Potential Job Op - The results

I had my meeting with Gretchen of Pathfinders today. It went really well. She was a hoot and we had a great time chatting. My test results came back fabulously and she said she just wanted to see me highlight the admin responsibilities I've had over the last few years more on my resume to make it more obvious why I'd be such a good executive admin.

Why an executive admin? Well, one benefit of living in the metropolis of Atlanta is there are alot of big companies, and big companies pay big money for good people. I'm a good person, so I just need to get in the door and show them how great I can be. I've basically been doing admin for my entire career in one form or another, so why not utilize those skills in this exceptionally tough market and see what comes up. I enjoy the detail oriented, analytical, "type A" parts of being an admin and I've worked closely with my last 2 bosses in a capacity complimentary to that of an executive assistants role to her boss. Plus, I'm looking for a job that won't become me and that I can quit at the end of the day. This may be the perfect fit for me. Finally, this company has 3 job openings right now within the immediate vicinity of David's office - which is the reason I called them. If we can go back to carpooling, that just rocks. And since David can be flexible with the hours he works that is a definite probability.

So now we wait. As always I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and for those family out there that haven't seen them yet...Maggie had her 6 months photos taken recently and here is the online album - enjoy!

No comments: