Friday, November 21, 2008

Unemployment

First, I owe a recap from my trip to Richmond, which I'll do sometime this weekend I hope, but I know there are questions on what's up here, so here's the deal.

Yup, I lost my job. Wednesday night my boss called me and told me that our office was being shut down. Today is my last day and I'm currently finishing up the last minute admin stuff and cleaning out my office. I'm surprisingly ok with it. I'm going to file for unemployment while I search for something else, though I'm not sure what that something else will be. I haven't had the time I had hoped to finish preparing to launch my photography business, so that will definitely be a high priority and I want to find something that is far less stressful than this job has been.

David is doing well with this too, though I think everyone is surprised (me included) by how at peace I am with all of this. I know the Lord has a plan and I rest in that despite the lack of understanding. I haven't shed any tears and I'm looking forward to turning in this blasted laptop and cell phone which have been permanently attached to me since Jan when I started this gig. I also take solace in the fact that Bluegreen (where I was working for the first 2 1/2 years we lived here) closed in Sept, so at least I got 2 more months than I would have had.

If you have any leads or suggestions, I'm open to it. Post a comment for me. If you know someone who needs a photographer, let me know that too...I'll be available - ha! =) I'll keep you all posted as we go through the next few months and we certainly covet your prayers.

So that's it! I'm at peace. I trust the Lord's plan. And most importantly, I am so looking forward to a stress-free holiday!

xoxo,
Red

3 comments:

Marleah Blades said...

Love you, Love you, Love you! I'll be praying for the right opportunity to come your way. And if you're looking for photography work, I have a one-year-old who's never had her pictures done, and I was hoping I wouldn't have to settle for the K-Mart in-store studio. I'll call you this weekend.

The Eisenbergers said...

Oh, the irony! First, I just sent you a message on FB so only write back if you feel up to it. Second, I lost my job on Wednesday too (thus the irony). I am sorry to hear that you are going through it too! I will be praying for you.

Alison said...

So sorry about the job. We will definitely be praying!