Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

So everyone is finally feeling back to normal and so far David's folks haven't come down with it - woohoo! I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and it was good! I was blessed to have Momma do all the dishes for me while I cooked and Linda showed me how to make her fabulous Apple Pie. Everyone seemed to like it so I guess I did a good job. I only bought a turkey breast since it was alot cheaper, we had a coupon for it, and I was making a ham (my favorite!) and it turned out pretty good as well. My su chefs were very instrumental in helping me get everything cooked and on the table on time by helping me peel and chop all kinds of things. =) It was a fantastic meal with good company and good conversation. Here's a few pictures from our Thanksgiving.

Here we are just before dinner
This morning David & I got up, list in hand, and headed out at 3:45am to go to Kohl's, Target, and a few other places. This was our first Black Friday shopping experience in Atlanta and it went SO well! I was very impressed by the preparations the stores took and how organized everything was. I even called my mom as we were checking out at Kohl's (at 4:30!) to see if she needed anything from the Jewelry counter. I would have never considered hitting the jewelry counter at Kohl's in Norfolk or NoVA, but here it would have been completely plausible! She wasn't out shopping yet and I woke her up. She just laughed. =) Anyway, we had a fun time together and got lots of great deals. Our strategy was to over-buy with the expectation of returning later. I think it worked! We got back home at 7:30 and David was able to get some sleep but I think all the Diet Coke I had was going to make it impossible. I was able to get an hour or so cat nap in this afternoon which was nice but I'll be looking forward to going to bed early. We took a few pictures of our adventures for your enjoyment of our craziness. =0)

The line at Old Navy (we got to Kohl's at 4:01 and the line had already moved inside so we didn't get a picture there)
Me in line at Old Navy - not to far from the door!
Here's David with me at Old Navy
The line at Target (I'm just to the right of the door at TJ Maxx)
David with the door buster redemption coupons for Target - yup it's 5:45am!
We hope you had a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments: