Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving

We have family in town to celebrate with us and it's so nice! My dad & stepmom Linda arrived on Thursday night last week. We had a nice weekend, but on Monday morning we came downstairs to find Dad sick. We are surviving this AWFUL stomach virus that has plagued our household since last Monday, but we've had a rough go of it. Turns out what I thought was food poisoning must have been a stomach virus. Thankfully it's a short(ish) bug. I started having "issues" around 7pm last Monday night and by Wednesday morning I was feeling back to almost 100%. Tues I slept most of the day since I was up most of the night on Monday so about 36 hrs for me. Dad, unfortunately, has had a harder time of it. He started getting sick Monday early morning and he is still not back to 100% yet. Linda, thankfully, is feeling better tonight and has kept food down from dinner which is good news since she started having issues late last night. Whew - how awful! Whoever gave this bug to me can now take credit for 4 people - Bethany came down with it last Friday too...yuck!

These issues in mind, we called David's folks this morning to let them know they were "entering at their own risk". I have disinfected everything in this house, but I am sure there are still germs here and I'm not sure how long this can be contagious. They chose to come anyway, so hopefully no one else comes down with this nastiness and we can enjoy all the yummy food I will prepare tomorrow and the rest of our time together.

We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family & friends! =0)

No comments: