Saturday, November 29, 2008

Unemployment Update

Resume updated - check.
References contacted - check.
Rough cover letter drafted - check.
Looking for jobs - well I'm looking, but so far there hasn't even been anything to apply for. We're both still feeling fine about everything though. We decided it would be best for me to go ahead and file for unemployment. I figure I've been putting in to the system since I was 14 years old (and no, not that's not a typo! =) so I might was well use it now that I need it.

What shocked me, was that I got my paycheck in the mail today with my separation notice. I couldn't believe it! I thought it would be a huge deal to get this little letter in hand that I need to file my claim with the GADOL. What a blessing that it came even though I didn't ask for it. Just another sign from the Lord that He is in control, and thank goodness for that!

So Monday, after my folks take off, I'll be heading up to Kennesaw to file for unemployment. Hopefully it will be a smooth process. That's all the news for now!

No comments: