Saturday, November 22, 2008

My trip to Richmond

So I headed back to Richmond for my first trip back to Virginia since we moved to Georgia in May of 2005. I had scored a cheap ticket just after my birthday and used my birthday money to buy it (thanks Mom & Momma!!). So on Wed 11/12, I took off for my trip. There are so many things I could share, but I'll try to keep this readable in one sitting. =) It was such a relaxing trip. I went to visit my dear friend Jennifer. She & I have a unique relationship that allows us to just pick up where we left off even if we haven't talked for months...though we try to not go that long between chats. She had come to visit in April after we moved and we had a great weekend then too. It's so enjoyable to get to share with my dear sister, pray with each other and enjoy each others company. We always take time to be silly and I just treasure any time we have together. It was such a great visit!

They had just moved in June into a new home and it was so great to get to see it now that they're settling in. And since I'd seen her last she has had a baby - Victoria (who is now 18 months!!) is just precious and made me laugh alot, though not as much as her older sister Rachel (who is now 5!) who had me in stitches so many times I thought I might wet myself! She is such a hoot and my favorite things were stories about her imaginary family...a family I would very much like to meet from the stories she tells! When she tells stories she also says "and I was like What the?" and the way she says it with this inflection in her voice is just priceless! I wish I had it on tape to share because you would want to meet her based on that alone. Of course, she is her mothers daughter so if you now Jenn, you wouldn't be surprised by Rachel. Jenn is a hoot in and of herself.

I was also blessed to get to see my friend, and former college roommate, Melissa. Jenn's mother-in-law graciously agreed to take Victoria on Friday and Rachel was heading to a friends house after school, so we got to head down to Williamsburg to meet Melissa for lunch and do some shopping at the outlets. We got some great finds (thank to my coupons!) and enjoyed a delicious lunch at Chili's together. Here's Melissa & Jenn at the coolest Yankee Candle store I've ever been in:

The visit was great, but too short. It was so great to get out there and meet Victoria and give Jenn lots of in person squeezes that we miss out on when we can only chat by phone. The only strange part about the visit was being back in VA. I miss it alot sometimes, but just the people - not the place. While we were in Williamsburg we heard the traffic report for Norfolk and they talked about the traffic being backed up to Granby St and I was a little misty - I used to live off Granby Street. I think I was just missing the folks that were so close to me but I didn't have the time to get to see. Who knows. ;) Here's a few more pictures from my trip:

Here I am with Rachel (5) & Victoria (18 mo), Jenn's daughters

Rachel telling Jenn a story at bath time
Rachel thinks she's hysterical, Victoria's not so sure...

This is one of Victoria's favorite things, she did this several times while we were together. =)

Almost big enough to escape.
Jenn & Victoria - that kid loves to be upside down! =)
Jenn & I serious shot. It had rained most of the visit, so we had to put a blanket down so we wouldn't get completely dirty.
Jenn & I being silly - this is actually normal for us. =)
So you may be wondering what David was up to while I was gone. He had volunteered to be a chaperone on the middle school retreat with your church. He had a great weekend in Coker Creek Village, TN...though was almost completely sleep deprived by the time he got home. Something about 40ish middle school boys without parental supervision not wanting to sleep even after the lights were out.

I thought I had food poisoning Monday night so I was out sick Tues & Wed recovering from that awfulness. Turns out it may have been a bug since I think I gave it to Bethany who got sick Friday morning. =( Anyway, by Tuesday night David was feeling pretty sick from the lack of sleep I think, so Wed we stayed home together and with the exception of the whole "you're losing your job thing" we found out about Wed night, by Thursday we were good as new. =)

No comments: