Monday, May 10, 2010

Time with our Trumbos

I finally got a decent nights sleep last night, so I am taking advantage of feeling a little more alert to blog a bit.

On April 15th Grace and I headed up to Pinehurst, NC to visit with our Trumbo family. It was so great to get to visit with Lacey and the kids and get to spend some QT with Jane Dare. Plus, Gracie got to meet her Auntie Lacey and cousins, whom she just adored. It was hysterical to watch her watching the kiddos play - she constantly looked like she was "talking it all in". Ryan was in TX for a class so it was just us girls and the kids. The trip SHOULD take about 5 1/5 hours, but with my cranky girl it took me nearly 8 hours to drive up. On the way home we stopped in Greenville, SC for lunch with my dear friend Court and her kiddos. It made the trip back much more enjoyable and even with a 1 1/2 hour stop we made it home in 7 hours...much better!

We had a great visit. I always try to get up to visit Lacey when Ryan's gone and with 5 kiddos, I was beat. I am definitely in awe of my BFF and her ability to keep up with 4 kids under 5 every day solo. She is a remarkable woman! We did get some time to just visit and chat after all the kids were in bed, which was wonderful. It's hard not living in the same area, so we treasure any time we can get together. David & I want to try to get up there sometime this summer/fall to visit again when Ryan is home. Here are a few of the highlights from our time together...

Jane Dare & GraceJane Dare giving Grace a kiss square on the lips - it catches Grace a little off guard...too funny!!A turtle the kids found while exploring for Bamboo for Pong (Pong is Jake's "class pet" and he got to take him home for the weekend. We had lots of adventures with Pong besides exploring for Bamboo that included going to CFA and to a carnival/summer fun event)Jake with Pong and the TurtleReid wanted his photo taken, but wouldn't look at me, silly boy! Such a cutie though...My sweet AinsleyGiving Gracie a hug goodbye!More hugs...Friends Forever

1 comment:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

omg - finally catching up . . .oh these pictures made my night. Poor Gracie looks like she is being attacked by Jane Dare, which she kinda was. She was at the mercy of the mobile baby :)
Your kind words humble me. I love you so much my friend. Few women are blessed to find such loyalty in a friend in their entire lifetime. The Lord truly blessed me the day he brought you into my life.