Tuesday, May 25, 2010

6 months already?!?

Grace turned 6 months old yesterday, I can hardly believe it! There are times when I look at her and she seems so grown up, and other times that she is still my precious little baby. She is growing and changing every day and it is my pleasure to get to watch her mature. That said she still falls asleep in my arms and cuddles with me and I realized even today that those days are numbered. Before I know it she will be an independent toddler and too busy for cuddling with mommy.

I teared up a little today as she laid in my arms asleep before her nap. I wish I could freeze time, but realizing that's not possible I try instead not to rush on. I let her lay asleep in my arms a few minutes longer before I put her in her cradle. I let her play with my necklace a little longer than usual when she woke up today even though her pulling was irritating the back of my neck...she loves it so much it's worth it. I love how she looks up at me when she's playing and how she grabs my face, pulls me close and gives me a huge mouth open wide kiss on the lips. As we played today I laid down with her on the floor and kissed her all over as she giggled and cackled so loud it hurt my ears, but overwhelmed my heart with joy. I love making her laugh.

I know the common thread of this blog is my gratitude for this precious girl, but it really is the common thread in my heart. I have always been thankful for my family. I love my husband more than words, and now having Grace in our lives I am overwhelmed by God's blessings. I truly am more grateful than any words can express.

Whew, before I start bawling here or stop writing to run upstairs and check on her despite the fact that the monitor beside me assures me she's sound asleep...let me stop and tell you about our girl. We had her 6 month check up today and and that meant more shots, yuck. I can't tell you how proud I was of Grace. She didn't flinch with the first prick, just stuck her lower lip out with the second and started to cry with the 3rd for just moments until I had her in my arms. She is so brave and because she did so well, I didn't cry! Once again Dr. Matthews assures me that she is perfect. She is 14lbs, 14ozs and 25 inches tall which is the 25% for height and weight. The only concern she has is for her super fair skin tone. She is ghost white, just like her mommy. Unfortunately that means she'll be white or red her whole life, but I'm going to do my best to keep her from getting sunburned as long as possible. Pray for us!

So that's it for now. I'll post more pictures soon.

No comments: