Sunday, January 31, 2010

Standing Tall!

This week we had Grace's 2 month check up which included her first round of vaccines. I am not afraid to admit I cried when she got her shots, it was so sad! Thankfully the nurse was fantastic, we are really pleased with our Doctors office, they are all wonderful. Grace did great, she cried during, but mostly becuase she was being held down. She calmed as soon as I picked her up and cuddled her. I on the other hand was still upset when we left the office, so David took me to get a CFA Cookies & Cream Milkshake to make me feel better (it worked).

Anyway, she is up to 9lbs, 10ozs and Dr. Matthews was surprised to see that I am still nursing with that weight gain (it was due to her eating every 2 hours up until a week or so ago, not my caloric intake :). She is getting so big...bigger and bigger by the day. I can't believe it.

She is also starting to show her personality. She is such a happy baby. She smiles and coos and is just super sweet. She has 3 distinct cries, 1 for sad, 1 for I need something and 1 for when she is just pissed off. That last one usually only comes out at night when we turn the lights off for bed. She LOVES lights and will find the lights in the room and stare. It's quite traumatic when we turn them off for sleep and because of this obsession I have to have her nap in the dark at home. She's flexible when we're out and about and sleeps like a champ in her car seat just about anywhere, but at home she needs it to be dark so she isn't distracted. Too funny.

She has shifted her schedule on her own. She is now eating every 3 hours (I still feel like I have a ton of "free time"), and she is going to bed between 10 & 11 and sleeping until 4-6am. I can't ask for more than that. Hopefully soon she'll sleep straight through the night. AND she has successfully slept several naps and nights in her cradle. I still use the swing when she gets over exhausted, but as long as she's flexible and not tied to her swing, I'm ok with it for now. :)

Here's just a few photos from the last few days for you to enjoy.

Grace & I enjoying a lovely afternoon nap together. :)Grace moved into her 0-3 clothes this week which means she has "real outfits" now. On Wednesday I put her in this sweet outfit that she got from her Mama for Christmas - she looks like such a big girl! Standing Tall! Grace is so strong. She can hold her head up really well and has recently started standing with just balance assistance. It's so strange to see such a little girl stand up nearly on her own, even if just for a second. I can already tell she is going to grow up far too fast...Posing for a photo op with Daddy

1 comment:

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

She is so sweet!! I'm so glad that things are going so smooth for you guys.