Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm in debt to my blog (& another baby update)

I am so far behind on my blogging, much like my scrapbooking, but I am (knock on wood) starting to feel better so hopefully I'm on the upswing! I owe a pics from my time with my friend Marleah and her daughter, my nieces 3rd birthday, our time with Lacey & the kids at the TN aquarium, and a recap from our trip North including the Dooley Wedding. I'll work on getting those up in the next week or so as I need breaks from editing wedding pictures. ;)

Since all of those require pictures, I'll just recap on the holiday weekend since I didn't take any. This was our first weekend at home without company since March 14 - if you can believe that. It's been a long couple of months. Not to say it hasn't been enjoyable and we haven't thoroughly enjoyed our family and friends, but it's sometimes nice to by lazy, stay up late watching movies, then sleep in and stay in your PJ's all day...you know just hang out without an agenda. This weekend was wonderful, and we did get LOTS of sleep. We watched Taken, which was great and went to the theater to see Star Trek, which was also very good and definitely big screen worthy.

Sunday we had Paul, Bethany and B's sister Ali over for a BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day. We had a nice time together and Sunday headed up to the North GA Premium Outlets to check out nursery bedding. We didn't find anything, but had a good time and enjoyed lunch at Red Robin - yum!

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days together and it didn't pass by without lots of thoughts and prayers for our friends who serve. Through my BFF Lacey I have seen the trials, joys and pride of service to this country both for the soldiers and their families and we are so grateful for all they do for our freedoms! So thanks Ryan, Lacey, Ben and all our other friends in the service - we love you!!

As for little baby Bilbo - he/she is doing wonderful! I went to the Doctor today for my monthly checkup and got to hear the heartbeat (I won't ever get tired of hearing it!!). I also got praised for my ideal weight gain (yippee!) and baby's measurements are right on track. Overall a great appointment!