Sunday, May 10, 2009

...and Baby makes 3!

Yup, we're pregnant! As of tomorrow we'll be 12 weeks along and we really can't be more thrilled. Baby Bilbo is due November 23rd, just before the holidays which is just perfect if you ask us.

It's been a long journey to get here, but for today this is just a celebratory post. It's my first Mothers Day and we are so happy to finally share our big news. On March 16th we found out that we are expecting for the very first time:

We still can't believe it sometimes, but it becomes more and more real every day. We have been very fortunate to have several ultrasounds due to the practice we were a part of and have had lots of reassurance that our little bean is doing just fine. That combined with the fact that I've been sick every day since about a week after we found out has given us much comfort that all is well and we can't ask for more than that. So without further ado, here are the first pictures of our little one...

Baby Bilbo, 5 weeks, 5 daysBaby Bilbo, 6 weeks, 5 daysThis was also the First time we saw the heartbeat...amazing!!Baby Bilbo, 8 weeks, 5 days
We'll get to see our little one again on the 19th and we can't wait. Since at 8 weeks he/she was all curled up tight and sound asleep, we didn't get a good look at all the limbs and everything. This time I'll get pumped up on Sunkist before I go to make sure our little bean is awake and mobile. ;)

Stay tuned for a "how did this happen" (and not a birds & the bees talk, just a summary of our TTC story) later this week if you're interested.

Happy Mother's Day!!

8 comments:

Marleah Blades said...

Yippee! I hope you're not feeling pukey anymore!

Courtney said...

Praising God with you!! I have tears in my eyes because I know it has been a long road for the two of you. This is a very special Mother's Day!
Love to the entire Bilbo fam,
Courtney (Dettling) Sirmon

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

How exciting!! I am so happy for the both of you and can't wait to hear your story.

Kim in Maryland said...

Yay! Congrats to both of you! We're so excited for you. Happy Mother's Day, Mommy-to-be! Enjoy your magical journey -- the nausea will be gone soon enough!

Kristin Garcia said...

So happy for you guys!!!! Love you!
Kristin and Chris

The Eisenbergers said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so very excited for you guys! This is such great news indeed. Big congratulations to you both. You are going to be awesome parents!!!!! I can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!?!?!?! (i am screaming) WHAT!!!??!?! I am so excited for you Red! I can not wait to see this little bean. How totally exciting. Happy Mother's Day. I wish I could reach through the computer and hug you right now. How wonderful. I'll be praying for the nausea to ease up and a healthy growing baby. Congratulations again!

Maybe Tomorrow said...

You are going to be the most wonderful mother . . . I love you both!