Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yup, we're 30...

Where does the time go? I can't believe that David and I turned 30 last month. To celebrate our birthdays, we asked Chris, Carol & the kids to come down for the weekend in between our birthdays. Friday night Carol & I just hung out and watched TV with Anne while Chris & David enjoyed cigars on the deck with our friend & Pastor Jim. I love low key nights with family. =)

Saturday morning, Carol, Mae & I headed out to a summer baby consignment sale where I hunted for a few goodies for Lacey and Carol looked for an Exersaucer for Anne. We hit the jackpot there and afterwards, they rode along as I run a few errands for work. I love this picture Carol took of Mae as we drove along. It was the first real windows-down day of the season!

We had decided just to have a simple small BBQ for lunch on Saturday and invited our friends Paul & Bethany join us. It was low key afternoon (well as low key as things can be with 4 kids 5 & under!) but we had a wonderful time and enjoyed lots of yummy food.

Here's Paul with Anne - he became an instant hit and the newest jungle gym.

Wilson, Anne & I...I love my kiddos!!

David & Paul...not sure how to explain this one...

Us with our friends Paul & Bethany


Afterwards, David & Chris headed to the IMAX to see the Dark Knight (yes for those of you counting, that's the 4th time for David!!) and Carol & I took the kids to the fair. My staff was working the fair, so I was able to get us in for free, but rides had to be paid for. It was definitely an interesting experience. I am glad I have all these nieces and nephews to love on and really grow as an Aunt - hopefully learning how deal with them will make me a better mom when I get there. I really struggle with the whining and the fair definitely brought forth some whining. I can't seem to remember that kids don't know how to appreciate things in the moment and more importantly that selfishness is at the root of all of us (and it's just more blatantly obvious with kids who speak their mind!) We did have a good time though and the kids got to enjoy a few rides before we ran out of money and headed home for dinner. After everyone was in bed, Carol & I lounged around with Anne & watched a movie - it was a really great night.

Mae on the Carousel - I wasn't sure if she liked it or not during the ride, but she did want to go again.

The boys on the rocket ride, Mae wasn't tall enough for this one...


Bennett, Wilson & Mae on the Boats. I love their expressions! Well worth the WAY too much money it costs to go to the fair.

Sunday we went to church and the message was fabulous. We are so grateful for Jim, our preacher. We have been so fortunate to be in churches where the pastors are real and they aren't afraid to admit it in their sermons. Afterwards, we ate lunch at our favorite little "family owned restaurant", the Italian Oven, before heading home to get the van packed up and the Clark's headed off. We so enjoy spending time with our family, it's the only reason we moved to Atlanta. We're grateful that they are so close by and that we can see them as much as we do.

For our actual birthdays, we just went out to dinner. Small simple celebrations, just the 2 of us. David decided that he wanted to get me a gift this year and he surprised me with the stand and pedal set for my keyboard.
I've been taking piano lessons since August and it was so sweet of him to think of that for me. I love the new stand, the keyboard actually fits on it and it's so much easier to play. Plus, I'm just about to start learning how to use the pedals, so it's nice to have some! =) We don't usually do gifts for each other - really no gifts for Christmas, Valentines, Anniversary, or Birthdays - we never have, but occasionally we do decide to do something special, and that was special. He's such a sweet husband, I'm a lucky lady.

No comments: