Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Weekend Apart

Every once in a while I head to Clarksville, TN to visit my dear friend Lacey and leave David for a weekend of bachelorhood. Last weekend I headed up to join Lacey and her girlfriends on a scrapbooking retreat. We had gone last fall and had such a blast - I was so excited to join her and be able to participate again. Her friends are so much fun and I got to meet Troy, one of her nearest and dearest, who also joined us for the weekend. Here are just a few pictures of all the fun:

Me scrapbooking

Lacey scrapbooking

Kelly has an auction at the end of Saturday where you get to bid on various Creative Memories items. Here's the entire group with our raffle money - before the auction
I won a digital CM program that I was very excited about, but Kathy wanted to put all her money into buying tickets for the raffle. With more then 3 times the number of tickets as anyone else - she was hopeful, but alas she lost. =(
This was the view just outside of our conference room where we spend far too many fun-filled belly-laughing hours scrapbooking!! These are Lacey's close girlfriends whom I've got to know over the last 2 retreats... Kathy, Kelly (the fabulous retreat organizer & host!), Me & Troy and in front Nicki & Lacey.

While I was gone, David rented a Harley for the weekend. He, Paul & 2 of Paul's friends took off on a Ride through North GA, Tennessee & North Carolina. It was the perfect weekend to go, the leaves are changing and they got some fantastic pictures. David said it was really, really cold when they left at 7am, but it warmed up by about 10 and they enjoyed the rest of their Ride. Here are a few of the highlights:

David rented this Harley Soft Tail from a local dealership

All 4 bikes at the State Line - David takes some great pictures. =)


Beautiful!!
David got home just before I did and had time to shower before we headed over on the Bike to Paul & Bethany's for dinner. It was the first time I'd been on a bike since our honeymoon and I forgot how scary it is when you get up to 50+ mph...it was great fun though. I'll have to get Paul to take me out for a ride now and then to keep me used to it. Anyway, Bethany had made some fantastic soup that warmed the boys up and made the perfect ending to a great weekend.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I know you both thoroughly enjoyed your weekends.

FYI, got your comment but for some reason it didn't post. I don't know what happened. Has it really been four months? Wow! But then, with Charlotte being sick so much it seems like longer.

We are sick yet again. We had to skip out on a Halloween party because she had a 102 temp. Such fun. :( Hope ya'll had a fun Halloween.

tica1180 said...

Sounds like you had a blast scrapbooking!! I need to get back into it, I have yet to finish my book from our trip to Europe - that was in March of 2007!

Anonymous said...

It is always so great to meet your dear friend's dear friends. It was a lot of fun and now I can keep up with you on your blog! Thanks for posting those photos. It made me smile to just remember our scrapbooking marathon!