Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Adventures in North Georgia

On Sunday, we headed up to Ellijay with Paul & Bethany for a day of apple picking that turned into a day of Bethany & I taking about 1000 pictures between us and having a super fun time doing it! We have such wonderful husbands to sit and hang out while we ran around and took pictures of everything, even indulging us to stop wherever we wanted to take some more.

We had originally planned on heading into the Apple Festival, but it looked pretty lame, so we just kept on driving. We knew we'd run into an Apple Orchard eventually and about 10 miles later we did. We picked apples, took lots of pictures, and of course volunteered to take everyone else's pictures so they could have family portraits of their apple picking adventure. It was pretty funny, but everyone appreciated it. =) Afterwards, we headed into the store for a snack. Everyone but me had fried pies...Paul & Bethany had theirs with ice cream. I however, had the yummiest caramel apple I'd ever had - Calories be damned...it was sooo worth it.

The Orchard

My favorite photo of the day

Paul & Bethany in the Orchard

David & I in the Orchard

Bethany breaking the rules - we weren't supposed to eat the apples off the trees!! =)

Paul juggling apples

We did have the boys take some pictures of us!

David sitting among the apples

Next we headed up towards Amicalola Falls State Park and on the way, we ran into a HUGE Pumpkin Farm. Of course we wanted to stop so with only a 25 minute time limit (the boys wanted to make sure we made it to the falls before dark) we ran ahead and got in as many shots as we could (while still taking everyone else's pictures =) and Paul was thrilled to find a white pumpkin.

Paul & Bethany with their white pumpkin...there was promise of stew or something yummy made out of that pumpkin!

Our sweet husbands patiently hanging out while we ran around and took pictures

We finally got back on the road to the Falls and made it before Dark. The leaves were just starting to change and it was absolutely lovely! We decided we'd go back another day and hike to the bottom of the falls then into the lodge and stay the night.

What a beautiful view from the top of the falls!!
This picture is kinda dark, but it's too funny to not post. There were many a silly pictures taken of all kinds of things, but this one makes me laugh. Bethany & I constantly discover how much we are alike...it often frightens both us and our husbands. I guess we were destined to either love or hate each other. Thankfully its the former, she's such a good friend!
It started getting dark about 7:30, so we started towards home in search of dinner. We were in the foothills of the Appalachians and the sun was setting so beautiful. So of course, we had to stop one last time and get pictures of it. It was quite chilly by then, it couldn't have been over 50 degrees, so we took them quickly. I just kept thinking God's smiling at us. My friend Lacey did a scrapbook for her daughter's first year and the last page is the sunset on her 1st birthday and she titled the page "God Smiled". I think of that every time I see a gorgeous sunset and this was no exception.
Good friends and a fun relaxing day enjoying God's creation - who can ask for more?

3 comments:

debchastain said...

what a fun day! Apples and pumpkins and changing leaves-it doesn't get more autumnal than that!! I've got to update pics of Erin's pumpkin patch experience :0) Love y'all!

Alison said...

What fun. I want to take the kiddos there once they get a little older. It is always great to spend time with close friends - especially those that share in your own passions. :)

Maybe Tomorrow said...

Finally catching up and I read every word even though we talked about it so much this weekend I feel like I lived it with y'all. I had such fun with you this weekend - words can't express how much you bless me. I look forward to one day meeting Bethany - so grateful for her in your life!