Friday, July 22, 2011

38 Week Update

We are full term!  Woohoo!  I can't believe how quickly time is flying.  My mom arrives tomorrow and with her here 24/7 to be with Grace, we are really, really ready for this little bean to make his/her grand entrance.  I am definitely feeling the end of this pregnancy, lots and lots of pressure, a little swelling (which is abnormal for me, but given the 100+ temps is normal) and my hips and back are slaughtered.  That said, I'm still doing great and so is baby so overall we are happy here and ready to all be together!

My Doctor had a VBAC go bad 2 weeks ago so at my appointment last week she told me she wasn't going to let me go past my due date.  I was pretty bummed, but I have to remember that all of this is in the hands of our Father and He has a perfect plan for our family and the birth of this baby.  We are still REALLY hoping for our VBAC, but if not a c/section is planned for August 2 at 4pm.  That means we are t-minus 11 days (or less)  from finding out if we have a new son or daughter, a Phoebe or Phoebo (for all you Friends fans out there! :) and having him/her in our arms!  That is exciting no matter how I spin it so I'm just focusing on that.  I know the recovery from the c/s will be hard with Grace being so young, but we are grateful to have family that will surround us and help for the 8 week recovery period until I'm back to 100%.

So, that's the latest and greatest!  We have been swamped this week so I haven't got my 38 week belly shots done yet, hopefully this weekend.  We'll be keeping you all posted...thanks in advance for your prayers for a safe delivery for baby & I.

No comments: