Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Major Mommy Fail

So today was the BIG day.  Grace has been talking about going pee pee and using the potty for a few weeks - she has even been saying "pee pee" and grabbing her diaper when she's wet.  She is no where near being ready at night, but if she wants to try to give up the diapers during the day, I'm on board.

So, we got the potty in, Dad & Linda left yesterday, and we pulled up all the rugs in the basement last night and today was going to be our first official potty training day.  I got her up and we went downstairs and I was prepared to spend our day with a naked 17 month old.   Except I forgot her books, her cereal and her juice.  I ran upstairs for less than 2 minutes to grab those 3 things and in that amount of time she peed twice and pooped once on the floor.  The real kicker - I didn't find the poop until I moved the desk chair and rolled over it.  Oh Joy.  20 minutes later I FINALLY got her, me, the floor and the wheels on the chair clean.  I took her back upstairs, put her in a diaper and we are going to wait a day or 2 for mommy's sanity to return before we try again.

Hope you're day started off a little more dry than ours.  I have Easter pictures including a recap of our time with Dad & Linda and our trip to NC from earlier this month coming soon, promise.

1 comment:

Marleah Blades said...

I know this is probably not funny to you yet, but it totally will be. Grace will do a great job potty training and you will do a great job helping her!