Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Mommy's Little Helper

I am finally starting to feel better - Praise God!  I think 14 weeks was my magic number as I've been feeling progressively better over the last week (I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow).  We saw the baby again last week and heard the heartbeat - our little peanut is doing just great.  I was so excited to get to see the baby again, even if just for a few seconds.

Anyway, what's the nicest thing about feeling better, besides actually getting to enjoy my husband and sweet girl?  Being able to clean!  I have completely sorted through the entire contents of our attic and cut it down by half.  There will be a huge yard sale in our near future.   While I did that David ran electrical in the attic and installed lighting, what a difference.  Now that everything is organized up there it looks really nice!  It always feels so good to de-clutter.  :)

Once I got that project done, it was time to deep clean the upstairs.  I am embarrassed to say the upstairs bathrooms hadn't been cleaned since before we left for Christmas.  They were disgusting!  Sure, we'd done minor touch ups as needed, but an all out clean...hadn't happened.  David was so busy keeping up with the day to day (toys, dishes, laundry, trash, playing with Grace) and keeping the living spaces clean while I was laid up so it just wasn't a priority.  I think in the last 2 days I've walked into my bathroom at least 10 times just to see those sparkling counter tops...I'm such a nerd.

I've also done every morsel of laundry, even the things that don't need washed often just to have everything clean.  This is Grace's favorite chore (next to vacuuming, she LOVES to help vacuum  :)  She can not only push the buttons to start the machine, but she can help load too.  The other day we were doing laundry and I had to run in the kitchen to answer the phone.  When I came back into the living room, here is what I found...


Somehow she had gotten completely into David's undershirt - it was so cute!  She couldn't really walk since it's so long, but she sure looked sweet and had a blast in Daddy's shirt.  She obviously wasn't feeling well in these pictures - her rosy cheeks are a dead giveaway that she is sick.  She's still super cute though!

I finally got all the pictures and videos loaded off the memory cards last night, so next step is to sort and catch up this blog.  I'll be working on that over the next few weeks.  :)

No comments: