Thursday, February 17, 2011

Grace & Truman's Birthday Party

Grace's cousin Truman's birthday is Jan 19, so we decided to have a joint family party for the 2 of them over Christmas.  I had been sick and even had a fever the day before so I didn't have much energy to prep, but I got the cupcakes made and they had their super cute Birthday shirts on and much of the family was together.  What I didn't know was that my Aunt Reta had planned to have Scooby Doo make an appearance to wish the kids a happy birthday!  I actually jumped when Scooby walked in.  At first the kids weren't so sure, but then they warmed up a little.  Grace even let Scooby hold her.

Jenn & I with the kids and Scooby.  Maggie & Truman still weren't 100% sure about him...
The Bilbos & Scooby - I LOVE Grace's face!
My Mom & Uncle Wally with Scooby
Grandma wasn't too sure about Scooby...she doesn't like having dogs in her house, especially big dogs.  
David & Scooby being silly
After Scooby gave farewell hugs, we plopped the kids down in their chairs and let them go to town on their cupcakes.  Grace was on her 3rd cupcake (as we celebrated her birthday for over a month with multiple mini-gatherings trying to include all the family) so she was quite the pro.  It was so fun to watch she & Truman interact, it was like they were having their own private conversations - I wonder what they were saying!


Happy Birthday Grace & Truman!  What a special day!  :)

No comments: