Friday, December 03, 2010

My baby is 1!

I simply cannot believe a year has gone by already.   I cannot believe that a year ago, November 24, I was holding my precious Grace in her first moments on this earth and now she is almost walking, talking up a storm and gives the BEST hugs and kisses.  She is so happy and loving and caring...our lives are so much richer because of her.  My heart overflows with joy every time I walk into her room to get her out of her bed and she gives me that million dollar smile...when she gets the rings on the ring tower in the correct order and she says "ga, ga!" (we think she is saying "Good Girl!")  Even when she throws herself on the floor in protest of me saying "no" or taking something away from her or when she is screaming and won't sleep even thought I know she is exhausted, I still love her more than words.  She is my dream come true and I am so blessed to be her mother.

On her actual birthday we celebrated on the small side with just my dad & stepmom and the Drehers coming over for lunch and cupcakes.  David took the day off and it was the perfect, quiet day to celebrate our long awaited miracle and her first 365 days.  Here's a few highlights from the day.

Opening a present for the first time - what fun!
She actually wanted to read the card, such a sweet girl.  :)
I had so much fun decorating for her birthday!  She LOVED all the balloons and decor when she came downstairs for her birthday - what a special moment.  :)



I loved that she started with the cake, not the icing!




Of course, you have to capture the good, bad and the ugly - which included getting wiped down.



We got Grace this doll that laughs, jumps and talks - she actually sounds and looks a little like her.    She saw it in the store when Mark & Kayla were here and she was SO excited when she opened it.  This picture is a little blurry, but I love her face.


1 comment:

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

Happy birthday sweet grace!!!