Thursday, December 02, 2010

It's December already?!?

Where do I start?  I can't believe it's been almost a month since I had a personal blog post.  I did post about the shutterfly cards, but that was for selfish gain, and I know you all come to this blog for pictures of our beautiful girl and to find out what we've been up to.  That said, I'm going to recap with a TON of pictures, so get ready!

First up, our dear friends Paul and Bethany welcomed their sweet baby boy 2 weeks early on Nov. 2.  They named him Tyler David and he is such a cutie!  I enjoyed lots of time at the hospital with them, and while not as much since they got home, I'm sure that will change soon now that all their family has come and gone.  :)  Here's a few pictures of Tyler in his first days.






On November 9, we had Grace's 1st birthday party with our playgroup from church.  How in the world she is already 1 is beyond me!  Anyway, there is another little boy who is just 11 days older so we celebrated with a joint party for Grace and Joshua.  It was quaint and fun and the kids had a BLAST getting filthy in chocolate icing...





On November 11, My brother Mark and his wife Kayla came to ATL for the first time for a visit.  We were SO excited to see them.  I think looking at the pics on the fridge has helped, because Grace went right to Uncle Mark when they came up from the train at the airport.  We did alot of tourist-y stuff including introducing Aunt Kayla to Chick Fil A (she liked it, of course.  :)  Thursday night we went to Big Pie in the Sky, a place they saw on Man vs Food.  It was good pizza, and even better company.  Friday we just hung out, ran a few errands and did a little Christmas shopping.  That night we met David at the Cheesecake Factory, a restaurant we all love, for dinner and it didn't disappoint either.  Saturday, we headed downtown to the Varsity and Centennial Olympic Park and walked around.  Then Mark, Kayla and David went to the World of Coke while Grace and I came home so they could nap.  We spent a "quiet" evening at home playing rock band (which Mark and Kayla LOVED and bought when they got home, lol) before I had to take them to the airport for their red eye flight home.  It was a wonderful visit!  Here are a few photos from our time together.
You have to visit the Varsity if you come to ATL...and you MUST wear the hats for a photo op.  :)
Fun in the fountains with Daddy!

All of us at the Christmas Tree in Centennial Olympic Park
Grace wasn't too sure about Dance, Dance Revolution...apparently Aunt Kayla wasn't either!
Aunt Kayla teaching Grace how to play Rock Band

Well that's all the time I have for now...at least I made it half way through November.  I'll try to get the rest of the photos up in the next few days!

No comments: