Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Girl's Best Friend

Grace and Scotty love each other. Scott has been her "protector" since before I knew I was pregnant. He always wanted to lay on my tummy or right beside it while I was pregnant and since she has arrived, he always wants to be near her. Now, he is still a cat and he has claws and he does get annoyed when she is too rough with him, but he is very tolerant and allows way more rough housing than I would have anticipated. Overall he is very gentle and loves his Gracie girl.

Well, while we were in WV, Grace found one of my Mom's cat toys - a long stick with feathers on the end - and it became her favorite thing. Neither of Mom's cats would play with her, but she was playing with it for her amusement, not theirs. :) When we got home, I got a coupon for a free toy with the purchase of food from petsmart so I chose the same kind of toy, mainly for Grace. She LOVES it. She plays with it all the time and much to her amusement, Scotty plays with her. She flings it all around and Scotty chases it, jumps up in the air and tries to catch it...she thinks it's hysterical. It took her a day or 2 to figure out he wanted to play, not take it from her, but now they play with it daily. The other day I snapped a few photos of them together, they are so cute!


2 comments:

Marleah Blades said...

cute!!!!!!!!

Dana said...

so cute! I love animal and baby pictures!

While my dog loves to smell and lick Aydan...haven't caught it on camera yet...he is a massive dog and I have to pay special attention while we are on the floor playing. but one day I will pick up the camera and shoot