Friday, July 16, 2010

150!

This is my 150th post, wow! I am enjoying posting when I have time and certainly I enjoy being able to share our Gracie girl with friends & family far away. I've got lots of photos and a few videos for you from the last week, enjoy!

Grace loves her Jumperoo!I have no legs!! (Bonus if you know what movie that's from!) She figured out that she can tuck her feet up under the tray and kind of swing, it's hysterical!Here's video of her going to town...

She just learned how to pull up from a seated position. I can't believe it. Last night she even tried to climb up onto the fireplace. I'm not ready for that kind of mobility! She often can just sit back down, but sometimes she gets nervous and cries for help. Here's a few pictures from her first time pulling up, the video was taken a day later.

We had a wonderful summer rain the other night and it was finally cooling off outside. So, we took Grace out to enjoying the rain on the porch swing. Here she is with her DaddyShe saw cousin Grady use his passy so she knows it goes in the mouth, but still doesn't get what it's for.
Here she is doing her almost crawl...she has done several "correct" moves when crawling, but never more than 1 or 2 steps at a time. She's getting it though!

This was just cute, so I had to share.

We are finally starting to feel better here. I haven't had an allergy issue that bad in quite sometime, but since I couldn't take any meds due to my low milk supply, I wasn't getting any better. The doctor told me (after a week and a half of awfulness) to start taking benadryl and mucinex and just to drink plenty of water, but despite me doubling my water intake my milk dried up after a week. Sunday was my last morning nursing my sweet girl and I'm certainly missing it. I put in alot of work and I was really hoping to make it a full year, but the Lord had other plans and I'm making my peace with it. Thankfully, she's having a much easier go of it since we've always supplemented with bottles of either formula or pumped milk. The good news about not nursing anymore is I have been able to take much stronger meds this week and my migraine has been bumped back down to my normal low grade headache, I can breathe and I am feeling better. Hopefully by Monday I'll be as good as new. I have to sing at church on Sunday, so just pray my voice holds out!

And just a random "yeah me!" thing...I had 2 of my best coupon days ever recently. At Target, I saved 62% (really, really hard to do at Target!) and at Kroger, I saved 71%! 50% is my target at the grocery store, so 71% is something to cheer about. Now, I can do better at Publix with BOGO items and my coupons, but I only buy BOGO items with coupons at Publix, all my other groceries come from Kroger. Since if I did all my shopping at Publix my percentage would go way down, I don't consider the occasional BOGO trip as regular shopping. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Grace is so cute!! I really love the picture of her and David on the porch swing. And 71% at the grocery store? Awesome!