Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Around the House

My summer allergies are in full swing, so Grace and I have been staying in lately. We have fun playing together and she's getting more and more mobile every day. Here's a few pics from yesterday.

Sweet girlI love this face she makes - it cracks me up!Whatcha got there Mom?Playing with ScottyHe's done playing but too lazy to get up and move. Silly cat.
In 2 weeks Grace & I are going to attempt the trip to WV solo again and we'll fly David up later so I can spend some QT with my Grandma (and the rest of my family of course!). I have all kinds of plans to make the 650 miles go by...we'll see if any of them really pan out. One I'm now sure of is the DVD player. We have David's folks DVD player and I'm going to take advantage of it. Deborah recommended the Preschool Prep DVDs she used with Erin, so we invested in a used set on Amazon and I'm gonna let Grace watch TV for the first time. To make sure this little trick would work, I put in the meet the colors DVD on Sunday to see if she would "glue" to the TV...

I'm not surprised. She is ALWAYS trying to get a view of the magic box that always goes black when she finds it. LOL. I just hope 8 hours into our drive it's as interesting as it was this time. And I'll be sure to have earphones in one ear so I can listen to something other than the color names repeated over and over for 3 1/2 minutes each and not go crazy.

Anyway, I hope ya'll had a wonderful 4th. We so enjoyed having David home. It's so nice to have so much QT as a family and of course we enjoyed hanging out with our Dreher family, (even Alli who's back from STL). Paul & Bethany are expecting their first, a boy, a week before Grace's birthday...here's the first belly pictures I've taken.

No comments: