Friday, June 26, 2009

Baby Update

I went to the doctor yesterday for my regular 4 week followup. Once again baby & I got a great report. My weight gain and vitals and baby's growth and heartbeat are all right on track - couldn't ask for more than that! We have our mid term ultrasound on Monday and we're looking forward to seeing the baby for what will probably be our last time before we meet in person.

Since my Dr was out on an emergency C-section, I saw the midwife and she couldn't tell me anything in addition to what I'm already doing to help my headaches. (For those curious, what I'm already doing is trying tylenol - which works about as well as taking a tic tac, I've tried a little caffeine a few times, I'm regularly get lots of sleep, I tried chocolate, I'm taking my allergy meds, nothing makes a dent...) It's been almost 4 weeks and while most days it's just a dull ache, it does affect my ability to be on the computer for more than an hour at a time (sometimes less) and some days it's downright debilitating. With lots of photo editing to do from John & Shannon's wedding in May as well as the prospect of trying to sell my photos this has been an issue. I'm hoping to get the wedding pictures done today so I can send them off to J&S...I am thrilled with how well they have come out and I can't wait to share them with them!!

Other than that, we've been working on our registries and organizing all the stuff we already have for our little one. It's exciting to know we'll soon get to use all of this stuff we've been collecting for so long! I've been organizing the house too trying to make room and sense of all of our stuff and purging what I can. I finally sat down a few weeks ago and made a master list of everything that needs to get done before the baby comes (that I know of now anyway!) It could be daunting, but we have plenty of time, so I know we'll get it all done. Next big job is to get the bookshelves installed in the basement. We're hoping to have the contractor do that in July so when David's folks are here in August they can paint them for us. ;) Once those are done we'll be able to move forward with alot of the moving & reorganizing I need to do. Exciting stuff!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You're HILARIOUS with your tic tac comment!! File my next statement under "old wives' tales"...I had a few terrible migraines when I was pregnant with Graham and sweet tea was a help to me. Partly the caffeine? Who knows!

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

Glad everything is going well. I had a friend that had the headaches and they just stopped one day around twenty week. I hope yours get better.