Friday, December 05, 2008

My "Helper"

Last night we put the garland, lights and bows outside and the candles in the windows. That, and the tree, are really all we do for Christmas. We don't have a ton of Christmas decor, I mostly just use the greenery that we cut off the bottom of our fresh tree to decorate our mantels and shelves. We love the smell of the Carolina fur we get each year from the Coker Tree Farm, so I try to spread it around the room. We always had artificial trees growing up so going to a tree farm to find the perfect tree, cut it down and bring it home is so much fun!

I have also been wrapping all the presents. Thankfully, we had alot of our shopping done before I lost my job and we have gone in with other family members to combine gifts, which is good. I learned when we first got cats that bows and ribbons are a no-no. Tissue paper will now join the list. I have screamed at least 15 times "Get out of my tissue paper - that's mommy's!" to a willful little kitty. Here's a picture of him "helping" me fluff the tissue paper.

Then he helped me fluff the garland as I was getting it ready for David to wrap on the porch. Here he is in the middle of the freshly fluffed garland.

1 comment:

Maybe Tomorrow said...

Such a cute kittie! Love all the pics. Your tree looks great.