Saturday, December 19, 2009

The First 3 Weeks

It has taken me a week to get the pictures up & loaded, so while she's almost a month old, I'm still gonna post this for you. :)

I simply cannot believe our precious Grace is already 3 weeks old...time has certainly flown by. Despite our best efforts to treasure every moment, I feel confident she is going to grow up way too fast...

We have had lots of help over the last few weeks and my dad & step mom arrived on Wednesday to spend Christmas with us. My mom stayed the full week after we came home from the hospital, which was great. Since I had the c-section I really needed the help both for me and for Grace. She was so great about doing all the household stuff and even scooping the poop, endearing herself both to the cats who appreciate a clean litter box and to David since that is his least favorite chore. :) We had such a great visit, it was probably the sweetest mother/daughter time we've ever had and we were sad to see her go home. Last week David was able to take 2 days off which was wonderful. He was able to go with us to our Doctors appointments and we had a great time as a family of 3. His folks came up on Thursday and left yesterday and Momma was a great asset in helping around the house too. Of course all the grandparents got in lots of snuggles with our Gracie girl when she wasn't eating.

Nursing is going really well and as of Wednesday she is already up to 7lbs, 1oz - she is thriving! We couldn't be more thrilled and I am grateful to not have to supplement her feedings with formula or pumped milk. Not supplementing certainly allows for more free time and sleep time for me. :)

We have been adjusting really well and I have been trying to sleep when she sleeps some which has been great. I think David has really been the one who has had to function with little sleep. It has really been a sweet time in our marriage. My friend Jennifer asked me the other day what surprised me the most. I said how my heart overflows. I can't believe how much I love her and how much my love for David has increased...I didn't know it was possible to love him more but seeing him as a father overwhelms my heart with joy and love. I know they say that love multiplies with each child, and I think that applies to our spouses too. He takes such good care of both of us, it really is amazing to me how wonderful he is.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the first 3 weeks for you to enjoy including some from the hospital off David's mom's camera.

David & I admiring our girlOur new family!Mom, Gracie & IWith David's folks at the hospitalWith Grandma & GrandadMe & my GirlDaddy & Gracie - too sweet!In the big bed - I pull her in with me after her morning feeding and we snuggle and snooze together :)I love this picture of her smiling...David was holding her in his hands and talking to her and she was just grinning!I was taking pictures of her for her announcement and I just loved this oneSnuggling with PaulieSnuggling with me & ScottyShe really isn't crazy about bath time...

More pictures and updates to come soon, hopefully. :)

No comments: